Sunday, December 27, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year!

Christmas is over... so sad :(

But man did Josh and I have fun!

Christmas for us always means seeing and hanging out with family, which also means taking a trip across the country. This may sound long and dull, but by the time December comes around Josh and I are always ready for the nice long trip.

So just before Christmas Josh and I jumped on a plane to Nashville... actually, we are SUPER cheap, so we jumped on a plane to Las Vegas (note the fact that Las Vegas is in the opposite direction of Nashville when flying from Phoenix) sat in an airport for a few hours and THEN jumped on a plan to Nashville. After that we grabbed our bags that had safely followed us from Phoenix, and went to Bowling Green, Kentucky (AKA one of the best places ever!).


Bowling Green is the home of Josh's aunt, uncle, and their kids. We pretty much love these guys to death and look forward to spending time with them all year. We got there just in time to do some family photos and get to be a part of their Christmas eve morning. These kids LOVE to get their picture taken, which is fine by me and Josh since we have decided that photography is one of our favorite things! We are still working with a Missouri internet connection, so we will have to post some more pictures when we get back to a bigger city. :)

Crazy Taylor


Beautiful Tatum!

After that it was time for the six hour drive to Missouri. The road trip was fun and relaxing. The weather was pretty good so Josh and I just chatted and had fun the whole way.

Once we made it to Missouri we got to see more family! We spent Christmas morning with Josh's Johnson family. It is a family tradition for them to all have brunch together on Christmas morning. More specifically, they always make quiche. Even more specifically, they usually make quiche with ham. I always feel bad or rude when I don't eat what somebody makes (obviously) so, being a silly vegetarian, I usually take a piece and just eat around the meat (and it has always been yummy!). But this year they made me my own little vegetarian quiche! No meat at all. It was so nice of them, and it was really good too! I ate it all :)

After brunch we opened gifts, played games, and then made our way back over to the Farmer side of the family for more family, food, gifts, and fun times! I love spending time in Missouri and Kentucky. I don't know if everyone here is as nice as the family I married into or if I just got really lucky. I must say, that I have been immensely blessed with this new family of mine, not only did I get a great husband, but I now have a whole lot of other loving and kind people in my life as well. I love my new family!

Now, with this, I must add that I miss my side of the family for sure! Getting married and having family members spread all over the country makes holidays hard because you can't be with everyone. But to my Washington family (and Phoenix sisters): You were for sure in my thoughts this Christmas, and I hope your holiday was wonderful! Love you!

As for all of our friends in Phoenix, we can't wait to get back and see you all (and get out of this snow)! I hope you all had a great holiday as well! Pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment